Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lats Day Of Shcool !



On the last day of school is the promotion for the 6th graders. What we were suppose to do, is walk down the Isle with our book buddies, first graders, that we mentor. But one thing I did not know was that when we walk down the Isle and HOLD HANDS I was melting down in a puddle, because my book buddy was a boy, and I was the only girl who had a boy. All the other girls had girls,and the guys all had guys. But as I heard before "swim against the current" or something like that.

So as the practices went on I was "swimming against the current" at first I took the phrase seriously and I was doing other stuff that the people were doing! I'm playing around!LOL=) I did follow all the directions, like I had a girl, but my book buddy was running around and he was standing in places he shouldn't be at. I would tell him to stop but he would tell me that he had ADHD. so when we walk down the Isle he would walk to slow or walk to fast. Then we had to practice our song and we would mess up and people would laugh, and then the teachers would get mad.

Then the day came for the graduation and I got as dressed up. My friend came and gave my a ride. When we got there Some people were wearing regular school clothes, but only like 4 or 5. Then the ceremony started. We had to walk over to the first grade class area, and look for our book buddies. I could not find mine anywhere. So we waited on the steps waiting for the ceremony to start. I got paired up with a boy named Tracy and his book buddy, since mine wasn't there. Luckily I didn't have to hold hands with anyone. We sat down, then I saw my book buddy, he was late.

The ceremony started out okay, a girl named Sierra R. sang the star spangled banner, but the music messed up on her, and then they made her sing with no music at all. I was very embarrassed for her. When they were giving out medals for promotion, The Principal couldn't get the medal around my head and bun. Everyone laughed, but it was okay. Then I told her I would just hold it. I got my certificate and sat down. Then we sang a song, "don't you ever wish you were someone else" and the music stopped again, so we sang without and music. The that was the end of the ceremony.

This is a day I will never forget.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Wow Maddy, You write so well, Keep reading and writing!
Love Mom

princess said...

way to go maddy. keep up the good work.

tisha

Sis. Sabrina said...

Very cool Madison. You are turning into a fine young lady.
Keep leading by example
Sabrina