Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life By Seconds




My dad told me one Sunday about when he was in the military that in the morning they would make them put on there clothes at a certain time, and when they don't get there stuff on all the the way would have to leave it that way. The drill instructor would say,"socks!" and he would say"1,2,3,4,5!" and then he would go to another piece of clothing and would count,"1,3,5!" My dad told me that they would skip numbers.


Later that evening Kevin said it would be a good idea if he did the seconds, I really didn't know what happened but on our way to church he said he didn't want to do the seconds any more.

3 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Interesting post Madison. I don't think I would like that 1,3,5! Thank God for is patience with us.

Love you "Mabison" :)

Eve said...

Makes sense. All we actually have is this moment. This second. We can't actually live one day at a time, no matter what the song says. We do live one second at a time. Quite a thought provoking idea there.

Alice said...

Maddy you have been tagged...Love MOM!